500 Hours Advanced Yoga Teacher Training Course($2000 USD)
Price: The total cost of 500 hrs Advanced Yoga Teacher Training is 2000 USD. It includes your whole Yoga and meditation lessons, accommodation and food and certification.
Yoga style: Our main yoga styles are research-based hatha yoga, Patanjali base Astanga Yoga (eight dimensions of yoga), besides this we teach Shivanand Yoga, Iyengar yoga, Kundalini yoga etc. In our yoga style, we teach in holistic approach integrating yoga asana (postures), Pranayama (breathing techniques), Dhyan (Meditation), Yoga detox, and yoga philosophy which is the essence of all kind of yoga.
Eligibility: Our 500 hrs advanced yoga teacher training course (YTTC) can join all level of students (beginner to advance), All style and tradition of yoga. You can direct join 500 hrs advanced yoga teacher training course without 200 hrs YTTC course. Anyone who has strong desire to uplift in a new level of peace, health and realization can attain this course.
Certification: Yoga Alliance USA
The case of booking cancellation – If you wish to cancel the course, 25 % of the total amount will be deducted and remaining amount will be refunded within 15 days of your notification. Once you start the course, fees are non-refundable.
Are you searching for an advanced level yoga- meditation course? Want to be a qualified and certified yoga teacher? Want to be peaceful? Want to know about the real meaning of yoga? Do you love yoga? Want to deepen your practice? Are you searching for life-transforming yoga and meditation training? If so, our yoga alliance certified 500–hours Advanced Yoga Teacher Training Course (YTTC) is for you. Yoga seekers from all level, traditions & styles are invited to join Nepal Yoga Home’s Advanced Yoga Teacher Training course (AYTTC). 500-Hours yoga training is good for those who are dedicated to a higher standard of learning looking to deepen their yoga, meditation, breathing science (pranayama) and yoga philosophy. This course is advanced not only because you practice advanced asana, but you will develop deeper awareness, realization, and peace within you.
Advanced Yoga Teacher Training course gives you a broader and deeper set of skills and insights to bring into your practice and teaching. The 500-hours Advanced Yoga Teacher Training Course is Four weeks residential certification course. Nepal Yoga Home offers the most affordable yoga teacher training course with the backdrop of the Himalayas in Kathmandu- Nepal. This organization is registered to yoga alliance international and the Nepal government.
This advanced course of yoga includes Yoga postures, meditation, breathing science (pranayama, mudra, bandha), yoga philosophy, yoga detox and yoga anatomy in depth. The 500-hours advanced yoga teacher training is a complete training which is an intense, challenging, rewarding, and life-changing experience. When it’s done you will be amazingly well prepared to teach.
If you are looking to become a registered and qualified yoga instructor – or if you simply wish to develop deeper into your own personal practice – our Advanced Yoga Teacher Training curriculum provides the depth and discipline needed to lift you into physical, mental and spiritual attunement. Our advanced yoga teacher training course is designed according to the international standards for yoga courses under the yoga alliance.
After completion students will receive a certificate of completion which is certified by yoga alliance international. All yoga lovers are warmly welcome to achieve your advanced path of wisdom (registered yoga teacher certification) at Nepal Yoga Home. Take your yoga teaching skills toward the higher level. Immerse yourself in a deeper study with the yoga alliance certified 500 hours advanced yoga teacher training course.
Nepal Yoga home is an internationally recognized organization promoting and teaching yoga- meditation in Nepal. This is an established yoga alliance certified yoga training school in Kathmandu. We specialize in certified yoga teacher training course 200-hours, 500-hours, as well as yoga retreats, yoga holiday and yoga detox, Ayurveda course and reflexology course. The courses include a residential experience, living with a yogi’s family while being immersed in the beautiful, natural and panoramic environment at the side of Kathmandu.
Our yoga school has a team of experienced and highly qualified teachers from various yoga styles and traditions so you can enjoy different styles of yoga and meditation. We love to teach Astanga yoga (eight limbs of Patanjali yoga) and research base Hatha Yoga, but we will teach different styles of yoga to provide a more well-rounded yoga instructor experience. We will teach the concept of different yoga styles like Iyengar style of yoga, Sivananda yoga, restorative yoga, Bhakti Yoga, Raj-Yoga, Karma Yoga, Mantra yoga, Kundalini Yoga etc. Our yoga teachers will be happy to share experiences of a different style with people from all over the world in this advanced yoga teacher training course.
This advanced yoga teacher training course focuses on skillfully encouraging personal reflection regarding physical, mental and emotional aspects inherent in each pose, pranayama, and meditation. We welcome students from all yogic traditions who wish to take a yoga training course for personal enrichment and to be a professional yoga teacher (Yoga Guru).
Our 500- Hours Advanced Yoga Teacher Training Course delivers a comprehensive, theoretical and practical hands-on training program. Trainees emerge from our YTTC as confident teachers with a strong and solid teaching skill set ready to begin their career. Trainees also gain a comprehensive understanding of the practice of yoga asanas, meditation yoga philosophy, physiology, mantra chanting, chakras, anatomy, mudras, pranayama and other traditional and modern research base Yoga techniques. We are teaching various skills to help students to meet their goals and interest by careful observation, motivation, and guidance.
Highlights of 500 hours Advanced Yoga Teacher Training
- Internationally recognized Advanced Yoga Teacher Training certificate is rewarded to the successful participants of 500 YTT course.
- Daily yoga, Meditation, and pranayama (breathing science) classes.
- Daily healthy yogic breakfast, lunch, dinner and plenty of refreshments.
- 500-hours Advanced Yoga Teacher Training course in a serene environment surrounded by the fascinating beauty of the jungle, mountain, Himalaya views, and beautiful village landscapes.
- Advanced yoga and meditation techniques are taught by highly experienced yoga instructors.
- Very effective Pranayama, Mudra and Banda techniques included in the course curriculum
- Special discourses on ancient scriptures on Patanjali Yoga Sutra, Bhagavad Gita, and Veda
- Chanting powerful and energetic mantras
- Get feedback from your teacher and get good supervision from teachers.
- 24 hours Wi-Fi connection
- Daily workshop
How you’ll be benefited from an Advanced Yoga Teacher Training course?
There are many potential reasons why someone is interested in an advanced yoga study course. For some, teaching yoga can be an ideal career path, for others, it is appealing for a happy and healthy life. Whatever the interest, the 500- hour advanced yoga teacher training course program will help you. This advanced yoga teacher training course is very beneficial to be a qualified and registered yoga teacher. Also, it can be a very worthwhile experience for individual growth. This advanced yoga teacher training course is a great holistic education for the body, mind, and spirit. By going through a training program, you’ll have an opportunity to expand your current knowledge, for your own self-exploration or personal development. Also, it will be a great personal experience with yoga to the next level.
Going through this advanced yoga teacher training course you will be able to learn different styles of meditation. The meditation training will cover techniques used for mastery of self, stress reduction, as well as techniques used for personal and spiritual evolution. This advanced Yoga Teacher Training course can help you to move through life challenges and transitions with better ease and less stress.
An advanced yoga teacher training is the perfect way to learn about the ancient texts that contain the most important information about the yogic science. By obtaining this knowledge, you’ll have the chance to really dive into the philosophical side of yoga and you will be clear about the real objective and meaning of yoga.
Yoga postures will give you the tools to practice more self-care and feel strong and healthy in your body. In advanced yoga teacher training course, you will learn about the physical body in great detail as you learn about the alignment and benefits of postures.
You will be immersed in functional anatomy so you can understand how the poses affect your body and how to perfect them. This learning will help you to limit future injuries, or recover from a current one. You will also learn how to modify and adjust poses as well as learn challenging poses. Advanced yoga teacher training programs bring students of all physical levels together to learn from each other’s different body types, injuries, flexibility levels, and strengths.
In 500-hours advanced yoga teacher training, you may be exposed to more yoga modalities like Astanga Yoga, Hatha Yoga, Shivanand Yoga, Iyengar Yoga, Restorative Yoga, Raj-Yoga, Karma Yoga, Mantra yoga, Kundalini Yoga etc.
You will experience personal transformation while becoming an internationally certified and registered yoga teacher after five hundred hours advanced yoga teacher training course. You will benefit from the study of yogic science, anatomy, asana, pranayama, chanting, meditation, yoga philosophy, fundamentals of Ayurveda, ethics, and lifestyle.
Advanced Yoga Teacher Training course is a great way to expand and still your mind! You will be reading the Yoga Sutras, the ancient philosophical texts of yoga that teach practitioners how to manage the workings of the mind through focus, discipline, practice, and meditation. You will learn the obstacles that we all face and how the benefits of yoga can shift your awareness and create a more positive frame of mind. One of the greatest benefits of the program is the self-discovery and time to reflect as you approach life with a heightened sense of awareness.
500 hours advanced yoga teacher training course has been built to provide an in-depth understanding and experience of yoga. The trainee will gain new insights about themselves and their practice. Yoga and meditation is the traditional teaching where you will inherit the fruits of the wisdom of happy and healthy science.
Professional benefits of Advanced Yoga Teacher Training course
There are many professional benefits of 500-hours advanced yoga teacher training course. Our 500-hours level students will get the following benefits:
- Eligible to register with Yoga Alliance as a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT) and access tips for starting your own studio, finding new students, etc.
- The freedom of self-employment as well as the flexibility of teaching both locally and internationally
- Confidence in teaching yoga and imparting yoga wisdom and higher skills in yoga teaching
- Increased confidence in using yoga tools successfully to continue growing
- Better prepared to handle many of the adverse situations that might arise in yoga classes
- Ability to teach a wider cross-section of students
- Graduate from a YTTC that has produced many professional yoga instructors
- Stand out from the crowd- many people complete a 200 hours yoga teacher training course but a 500-hour certification shows you are a teacher with the commitment to your students
- Once you have completed your advanced yoga teacher training you will be a teacher! Use this power to develop your own unique teaching style.
What will you learn and experience in this advanced yoga teacher training course?
- Nepal Yoga Home is located in a peaceful environment amidst the mountains, jungle and beautiful village yet not far from Kathmandu city allowing for inner transformation of body and mind.
- Immerse yourself in Hatha Yoga and Astanga Yoga practice in depth by advanced study of its history. Also, you will learn different yoga styles like Iyengar yoga, Sivananda yoga, restorative yoga, Bhakti Yoga, Raj-Yoga, Karma Yoga, Mantra yoga, Kundalini Yoga etc. Sharpen your knowledge on the different style. You can use this training as a foundation for any style you choose to teach.
- 500-hours advanced yoga teacher training course in Nepal Yoga Home includes explanations in detail of yoga- asana and its therapeutic effect on human anatomy and physiology. Also, you will learn the benefits, risks, variations, and modifications of yoga-asana.
- Nepal Yoga Home in Kathmandu is teaching a yogic lifestyle, which is healthy for happy living, the release of stress and prevention of disease. This course brings each moment of the program with awareness, happiness, spiritual growth and transformation.
- Enjoy healthy and nourishing food at the foot of high mountains. We grow organic food in our garden and provide to our students for better health and practice of yoga and meditation.
- Learn advanced exploration of meditation, pranayama, mudra, banda and yogic detoxification.
- Safe, clean, comfortable and nondistracting accommodations to support you in your yoga journey not distract you from it.
- Train with experienced and award-winning yoga instructors and learn innovative teaching techniques.
- Study of Yoga Sutras of Patanjali (not only eight limbs of Astanga Yoga), contemporary yoga philosophy and Bhagavad Gita.
- The element of Yogic anatomy, including seven Chakras (seven energy centers), five Koshas (five kinds of the body), three Nadi (three different energy path) etc.
- We are teaching effective soul meditation and other styles of meditation. We believe in practical aspects of mediation rather than only philosophical. Our meditation is more easily practiced, simple, accessible and sustainable for adopting in your daily life.
- International level Yoga certification through the Yoga Alliance international will certify you.
- Heal yourself- Yoga has great healing power to help eliminate your stress, anxiety, depression and many more problems.
- Learn physiology of stress and how stress leads to psychosomatic ailments. Experience how yoga helps to manage your stress.
- Learn Yoga therapy for different diseases like back pain, sciatica, diabetes, high blood pressure, asthma, constipation, heart disease, yoga for looking youthful, positive health, headache and migraine and more.
- Loving, & nurturing learning environment with small class size (max. 20 students). One of the most affordable Yoga Teacher Training offered worldwide in an incredibly stunning & peaceful setting of Kathmandu.
- An introduction to Ayurveda, natural home remedies, & yogic healing herbs.
- A special focus on mantras and their incredible power, meaning & uses.
- An extensive teaching practicum that enables you to transfer that information to students.
- The best yoga teacher training school in Kathmandu with experienced and registered yoga teachers with over 500 hours and 15 years of teaching experience.
- Good practice of yogic relaxation (Yoga Nidra)for inner healing and self-transformation.
- Direct experience – instructing, sequencing, adjusting and inspiring.
- Apply the concepts while assisting your mentor in class: observe and assist with classes
- Understand the business of yoga including how to operate a yoga studio or private practice, marketing and promotion, and how to retain students.
- Enhance your teaching skills and brush up on your yoga style.
- Help answer those seemingly unanswerable questions
- Share your previously gained knowledge
- Take time for yourself, read the universe, and reflect on the importance of nature for our yoga education
- Be a certified and qualified yoga teacher with yoga alliance international 500-Hour course
- Enjoy Nepali culture, Nepali fashion, Nepali food and Nepali language.
- Become part of a globally- recognized symbol of standard based knowledge in the field of yoga.
- Our advanced yoga teacher training course is internationally recognized and registered with Yoga Alliance International. Our main teacher Acharya Prakash is an ambassador of Yoga Alliance International for Nepal. Get the chance to learn directly from him.
- Learn how to integrate asana, pranayama, and meditation and other yogic principles in practical life.
The curriculum of Advanced Yoga Teacher Training course
Our curriculum of advanced yoga teacher training course is developed from the Yoga Alliance 500 Hour Advanced Yoga Teacher Training standards and has developed and been shaped by our experienced teachers. Our curriculum takes you through the essential elements required to deepen and enrich your own yoga practice and to teach students with confidence. Our curriculum includes the following:
1. Yoga Asanas (Postures)
2. Pranayama Mudras and Bandhas (Breathing science)
3. Meditation: Theory & teaching
4. Yoga Philosophy
5. Mantra chanting & Kirtan
6. Ayurveda & diet/ Yogic lifestyle
7. Yoga detoxification
8. Shankhaprakshalana (intestinal cleansing)
10. Therapeutic yoga for different diseases
11. Teaching practice and teaching methodology
12. Anatomy and physiology
1. Yoga Asanas (Postures)
- This course covers the practice of techniques and alignment for approximately 100 of the most effective and advanced Asanas. In this advanced level course, you will practice modern, traditional, research-based, advanced, variations, and precise corrections for a deeper understanding of Yoga Asanas. Besides this, you will learn different styles of yoga Asanas from different traditions of yoga like Hatha Yoga & Astanga yoga, Iyengar yoga, Shivanand yoga, Restorative yoga, Kundalini yoga etc. You will learn the following group of yoga postures:
- Micro-level yoga asana group
- Yogic warming up the group
- Sun salutation postures
- Moon salutation postures
- Balancing postures group
- Vajrasana postures group
- Padmasana postures group
- Inverted postures group
- Forward bending postures group
- Backward bending postures group
- Twisting postures group
- Stretching postures group
- Strengthening posture group
- The sequential group of yoga posture
- Standing postures group
- Seating postures group
- Lying postures group
- Relaxing postures group
- Meditative postures group
- Arm balance postures group
- Bending yoga postures
- Chest opening yoga postures
- Core yoga postures
- Hip opening yoga postures
- Restorative yoga postures
- Therapeutic Yoga Postures for different problem etc.
- Advance level yoga postures group
2. Pranayama, Mudras, and Bandhas (Breathing science)
Breathing (prana) is life. It is one of our most important sources of vital energy. Pranayama or breathing exercises promotes proper breathing. In a yogic point of view, proper breathing is to bring more oxygen to the blood and to the brain and to control Prana or the vital life energy. Pranayama is the key to a deep experience of meditation. The breath is a doorway to enter into you. Students will develop deeper into their own practice of pranayama and be purifying the whole body through pranic (breath) energy. At the end of the course, students will gain the skills to teach their own pranayama classes. In this course, students will learn the anatomy and physiology of breath on the physical and subtle levels and how to teach advanced pranayama and also pranic energy control techniques, bandhas, and mudras.
In order to follow the technique of Pranayama, it is necessary to know something about mudras, and bandhas. The Sanskrit word mudra means a seal or a lock. It denotes positions which close the body apertures, where the fingers are held together with special hand gestures. Mudras are a combination of breath with special postures of body and fingers to stimulate different energy centers and subtle channels in the body.
The Sanskrit word Bandha means to hold or lock. It also refers to a posture in which certain organs or parts of the body are gripped, contracted and controlled. In the practice of a Bandha, the energy flow to a particular area of the body is blocked. When the Bandha is released, this causes the energy to flood more strongly which removes the blockages in energy centers. The main learning objectives of breathing science are:
- Introduction of pranayama,
- Benefits of yogic breathing(pranayama).
- The practice of more than 25 techniques of advanced level pranayama.
- Proper use of the Bandhas (Lock of breath)
- Proper use of the Mudra (Seal of breath)
- The glory of pranayama in Hatha yoga and Astanga yoga
- Types of pranayama according to Patanjali
- Evolution of pranayama
- Anatomy and physiology of breath
- How to teach pranayama
- How to help students correct a range of breathing abnormalities.
3. Meditation: Theory & teaching
In ancient times, yoga Ashrama had a rich meditation practice that has been lost in many modern traditions. Some Yoga schools today turn to Buddhism for meditation. This 500 hours yoga teacher training will explore the many types of deeper and advanced meditation techniques. During our yoga teacher training courses, we also teach unique and efficient soul meditation techniques developed by the Acharya Prakash (Director of Nepal Yoga Home). Meditation lessons will make you clear about the introduction of meditation, meditation and mind relation, how we can remove mental problems through meditation etc.There are more than one hundred sixteen techniques of meditation in ancient yoga scripture, among of them we will teach –
- Breath meditation
- Silence meditation
- Ana-Pana meditation
- So- Ham meditation
- Buddha style of meditation
- Walking meditation
- Vipassana meditation
- Mindfulness meditation
- Chakra meditation
- Kundalini meditation
- Dynamic meditation
- Soul meditation
- Jyoti Meditation
- Sthul meditation
After learning these techniques you will explore how they can be incorporated into a modern practice and can teach to your student.
4. Yoga Philosophy
Yoga philosophy has an important role in yoga teacher training. On yoga philosophy, we will teach the authentic scripture of yoga like Patanjali yoga sutra, Bhagavad Gita, Veda, and Upanishads etc. The following topics will be covered in the yoga philosophy curriculum:
- Meaning of yoga, concepts, history
- The different path of yoga-(Hatha yoga, Astanga yoga, Raja yoga, Bhakti yoga, Karma yoga, Sivananda Yoga, Kundalini Yoga, Sankhya yoga, Gyana Yoga, Tantra Yoga)
- Special study of Astanga Yoga & Hatha Yoga
- The chakra systems, its qualities, activating and balancing techniques.
- Energy or Nadi system
- Five types of bodies (Koshas)
- Kundalini energy and its function and power
- A relation between Guru and disciple
- The mind, its mystery, and control
- Bhagavad Gita– The Bhagavad Gita consists 18 chapters. Each chapter is a kind of yoga. The first six chapters have been classified as the karma yoga section as they mainly deal with the science of the individual consciousness attaining communion with the ultimate consciousness through selfless action. The middle six chapters have been designated as the Bhakti Yoga (The path of devotion to the ultimate source). The final six chapters are regarded as the Gyan Yoga (Path of realization through knowledge). From Bhagavad Gita following topic will be covered:
- Study and its application to life.
- Karma Yoga (Path of selfless action)
- Bhakti Yoga (The path of devotion)
- Gyana Yoga (Path of knowledge)
- The eternal reality of the soul’s immortality.
- The eternal duties of human beings
- The science of self-realization
- The individual consciousness and ultimate consciousness
- The three divisions of material existence
- Yoga Sutras of Patanjali – There are many milestones on the path of yoga and Patanjali is one of the most important in the Yoga tradition. Yogsautras of Patanjali divided into 4 chapters: Samadhi pada Sadhanapada, Vibhutipada, Kaivalayapada. Patanjali developed the Ashtanga (eight-limbs) Yoga before 2500 years ago.From Patanjali Yoga sutra following topic will be covered.The concept of yoga according to yoga sutra.Five kinds of vritti (movement of mind stuff).Four kings of Chitta ( State of mind)Hindrances on yoga practice.The concept of God and guru on yoga sutra.Pancha klesha (five impurities of a human being) etc.The way to achieve mastery over Chitta vritti (fluctuation of mind).
- Veda and Upanishads
The word ‘Veda’ means Knowledge. The Vedas are the oldest written text on our planet. They date back to the beginning of human civilization and are the earliest literary records of the whole human race. The Vedas are divided into four groups, Rigveda, Yajurveda, Samaveda, and Atharvaveda. Each group has an original text (Mantra) and a commentary portion. The portions interpreting the philosophy of the original texts constitute the Upanishads. Listening to Vedic chanting and practicing it can also calm the mind. In fact, chanting is considered to be one of the important forms of meditation. Vedic chants help in relieving stress and promoting efficiency. We will teach about-
- An understanding of the application of Vedic knowledge for health and healing.
- Study of Vedantic meditation techniques
- Explanation of Vedantic mantras
- Some important yoga from Veda and Upanishads
5. Mantra chanting & Kirtan
Mantras are ways of using sound vibrations to affect consciousness and receive the benefits of peace of mind. Mantra chanting is a powerful way to integrate body, voice, mind and our emotions. Certain vibrations that are produced while chanting can enhance physical and mental health. The method of teaching is traditional, where chants are taught orally to students. Chanting has multiple benefits when done under good guidance. The practice of mantra chanting generates certain vibrations in different parts of the body. Hence, when applied appropriately, can enhance physical and mental health. This sacred mantra opens us to our spiritual path. Students will learn the following:
- Chanting of different mantras which are universally relevant and acceptable.
- The basic rules of chanting, with an explanation of the meanings of these chants
- Correct rhyme and spelling of the mantras
- Kirtan chanting in the group
- Positive effects on the emotions
- Correct pronunciation and mental attitude
- Mantra for the Modern Yogi
- Mantra meditations
- Mantra yoga
6. Ayurveda & diet/ Yogic lifestyle
We offer you a basic knowledge of Ayurveda (Traditional medicinal system), which can help in healthy living, how to use Ayurveda according to dosha and to diagnose and cure, and general use of Ayurveda. The practice of Yoga should be complemented by the right kind of food in order to fully benefit from what yoga has to offer. So we will teach what to eat, how to eat, how to balance the food, how to cook, and which foods are good to maintain a healthy life. You will be guided by our teachers in the following topics.
- Basic knowledge of Ayurveda
- Importance of attitude and yogic life
- Subtle aspects of the vegetarian diet
- Health tips
- Social discipline
- Mitahara or balance diet
7. Yoga detoxification
The yoga detoxification lesson will make you clear about yogic cleansing techniques and their practical application. In yogic detoxification, we will teach theory and practical aspects of Sat-Karma (six yogic cleansing) and do fasting for body detox. Sat karma (sometimes known as Sat kriya) has two components: ‘sat’ meaning ‘six’ and ‘karma’ meaning ‘process’. The word ‘kriya’ or ‘karma’ is used in Yoga in a special technical sense regarding the techniques of cleansing. The main six cleansing process are Neti, Dhauti, Nauli, Basti, Kapalbhati & Tratak.
- Neti: nasal cleansing, including jala neti and sutra neti.
- Dhauti: the cleansing of the digestive tract.
- Nauli: abdominal massage.
- Basti: colon cleaning.
- Kapalbhati: purification and vitalization of the frontal lobes.
- Trataka: blankness gazing.
8. Shankhaprakshalana (intestinal cleansing)
Shankha prakshalana (sometimes referred as laghu shankha prakshalana) is a yoga kriya that cleanses the intestines. The word Shankhaprakshalana comes from two words. Shankha means “conch” and prakshalana means to wash completely. The word shankha prakshalana is used to cleanse the entire alimentary canal from mouth to anus. You will learn the proper practices for conducting this cleansing which includes drinking warm salty water and selected asana for cleansing. We will focus on perfecting the following five asanas, i.e. Tadasana, Tiryaka Tadasana, Kati Chakrasana, Tiryaka Bhujangasana and Udarakarshanasana.
Every day we chose a different topic for the workshop. The workshops will focus on topics such as hip opening, headstand and inversions, back bending, arm balances, breathing science, diet, traditional medicinal system etc. and are conducted every day to help you understand and practice these safely and effectively. Workshops include: hands-on adjustments, developing and implementing yoga programs, anatomy, meditation and more.
10. Therapeutic yoga for different diseases
Therapeutic yoga is the application of yoga postures, pranayama, meditation, and yoga detox processes to treat the different diseases. This involves instruction in yogic practices and teachings to prevent, reduce, or alleviate structural, physiological, emotional and spiritual pain, suffering or limitations. Yoga helps to recover stress, anxiety, depression, chronic pain, sleep disorder, and enhances overall well-being and quality of life. Yoga is recognized as a form of mind-body medicine that integrates an individual’s physical, mental and spiritual components to improve the health.
On this advanced yoga teacher training, you will learn yoga as a good therapy for different diseases. This covers the basics of therapeutic yoga. Our student will learn benefits of each posture and how to give one on one therapeutic yoga sessions. We teach different issues from simple to complex. We teach therapeutic yoga for the following, but this can inspire ideas for other cases and diseases: yoga for back pain, yoga for stress and anxiety, yoga for depression, yoga for high blood pressure, yoga for constipation, yoga for heart disease, yoga for diabetes, yoga for pregnancy, yoga for looking young, yoga for positive health, yoga for headache and migraine, yoga for arthritis, yoga for asthma, yoga for sleeping disorder and more.
11. Teaching Practice and teaching methodology
The Nepal Yoga Home manages the teaching classes and classes can be taught in Nepal Yoga Home or at other yoga institutions. Teaching practice will build confidence for the students. We have written exams after every 50 hours to sharpen the student’s knowledge. Our practicum Includes practice teaching, receiving feedback, observing others, hearing and giving feedback, and also assisting students while someone else is teaching.
Students study the Patanjali’s Astanga Yoga and Hatha Yoga Philosophy with an emphasis on how you can incorporate this into your own practice and day-to-day life. Daily chanting, meditation, and pranayama provide spiritual structure and compliment the more physical practices of the curriculum. Our teaching methodology includes the following different skills for students:
- Principles of demonstration
- Observing, assisting and correcting
- Instruction, teaching styles, qualities of a teacher
- Planning and structuring a class
- Alignment and hands-on-adjustment
- Dealing with injuries and safety precautions
- Business aspects of teaching yoga
- How to teach the big groups
- How to manage classes for different level students at the same time
- Learning how to structure a class
- How to sequence a class
- How to customize a class
- Advanced modifications techniques
- How to teach meditation
12. Anatomy & philosophy
At our 500 hours advanced yoga teacher training in Kathmandu you will learn very useful and detailed yoga anatomy and physiology. You will learn how to apply anatomy and physiology in classes which will improve your own practice as well your teaching and correction skills. In addition, you can acquire more confidence in your knowledge of anatomy and gain more insight into the injuries and special conditions that your students may be dealing with. We will focus on practical applications of anatomy in postures. This Includes both human anatomy and physiology (bodily systems, organs) to incorporate into yoga practice. Our yoga anatomy and physiology courses will cover:
- Various risk factors associated with asana practice, in both simple and more complex postures, as well as strategies that can help prevent injury
- Breathing and respiratory system
- Yogic energy channels (Ida, Pingala, and Sushumna)
- The relation between yogic energy system (Chakras) and endocrine gland system.
- Study of the nervous system, brain, endocrine glands and how they relate to the practice of asanas, pranayama, and meditation
- Skeletal structure in depth
- Muscular system, connective tissue, the major joint of a body
- Information on the musculoskeletal system
- Anatomy of classical Hatha Yoga asanas
- Physiology of main yoga asanas
- Physiology of breathing
- Physiology of stretching
- Common yoga injuries and more
A daily schedule of advanced yoga teacher training
Each day includes yoga workshops in a different style of yoga and different topics. Daily yoga classes, guided meditation, pranayama, philosophy & yogic discussion by nationally renowned teachers (Guru). This is a sample schedule and may change according to subjects, topics, and situations.
7.00 – 8.30 am – Yoga Asanas (Yoga Posture)
8.30 – 9.00 am – Tea break
9.00 – 10.00 am – Self practice/ advance asana
10.00 – 10. 30 am – Breakfast
10.30 – 12.00 pm – Sight-seeing, Countryside hiking / Karma yoga
12.00 – 1.00 pm – Yogic Relaxation and mantra chanting
1.00 – 2.00 pm – rest
2.00 – 3.00 pm – Lunch
3.00 – 4.00pm – Meditation
4.00 – 4.30 pm – Tea break
4.30 – 5.30 pm – Anatomy and physiology / Yoga philosophy
5.30 – 6.00pm – Break
6.00 – 7.30 pm – Yoga workshop
7.30 – 8.00 pm – Dinner
8.00 to 8.30 pm – Celebration/ question answer/ campfire etc.
8.30 pm – Bedtime
Note: Classes are held 6 days a week and 7th day is for optional trips to cultural and spiritual places. One hour selfless service (karma yoga) to the yoga home community is optional.
What to bring?
Casual comfortable clothes, notebooks, pens, slip-on sandals, rainwear, flashlight, insect repellent, alarm clock, water bottle, sunscreen…etc.
500- Hours Advanced Yoga Teacher Training Course Dates
This Yoga Teacher Training courses dates are posted in advance. The recent 4 weeks (one month) advanced level yoga study dates are:
- Jan. 1st – Jan. 29th
- Feb. 1st – Feb, 29th
- Mar. 1st – Mar. 29th
- Apr. 1st – Apr. 29th
- May. 1st – May. 29th
- Jun. 1st – Jun. 29th
- Jul. 1st – Jul. 29th
- Aug. 1st – Aug. 29th
- Sept. 1st – Sept. 29th
- Oct. 1st – Oct. 29th
- Nov. 1st – Nov. 29th
- Dec. 1st – Dec. 29th
Application process Submit an application form which is available in booking menu or E-mail directly at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
The balance payment can be paid by bank transfer or western union money transfer for registration. The remainder of the money can be paid on arrival by credit card or cash in any currency. If you are coming with your debit/Credit card, you can get Nepali Rupees in cash from the local ATMs. Check with your bank for the transaction charges with credit and debit cards. The bank transfer charge should be covered by the student.
- Non-refundable $700 USD deposit required to register.
- Full payment due the first day of course.
Payment & Refund
Refund of 75% of the course fee will be given if the cancellation is 15 days before the start date of the course. Please be aware there is no refund for cancellations less than 15 days before the start date of the course. However, the student can reschedule for the next available date of advanced yoga teacher training under the agreement of Nepal Yoga Home and student.
Accommodation & Meal
Nepal Yoga Home- Kathmandu provides accommodation with comfortable rooms for spiritual studies. The double room will be shared by two people. If you need a private or deluxe room, note that the cost will be more than your package price. Beautiful gardens, nice views of Himalayas, mountains and Kathmandu city are visible from your room. We have 24-hours hot water, and 24 -hours Wi-Fi service. The students participating in Advanced Yoga Teacher Training in Nepal Yoga Home will be served pure vegetarian and yogic food 3 times a day and 3 cups of tea and fruits.
- Yoga classes
- Three times vegetarian meal (Typically contains Nepali Food, vegetables and fruits), If you feel you need extra supplementary you can buy yourself from near place.
- Few cups of tea
- Yoga books defined in our syllabus
- Your laundry service
- The meals of your personal interest will not be offered in our expense.
- Your personal yoga mat
- Pick up / drop service
- sight-seeing cost
- We would also not provide the personal sleeping bags and bags
- The visa fee you would have to pay for travel, medical insurance and airport tax.
- The charge for accommodation in Kathmandu in you early arrival before class starts in our school
- We also don’t include the cost of international flights